I never thought music of 'Slumdog' would go so far: Rahman


Mumbai, Feb 23 : Overwhelmed after winning two Oscars for his score in 'Slumdog Millionaire', music maestro A R Rahman today said that one has to work without expectations and he had never thought that the music would go so far.
"When you have strings attached, you only want to please certain people...I feel it is a corruption in the mind. I believe that you have to work without any expectations. I feel that you have to be true to the film and its emotions," said Rahman through an audio conferencing from Los Angeles.

On the Oscar-winning song 'Jai Ho', penned by veteran lyricist Gulzar, Rahman said, "Words have the power. Words formed action and intention of life. I often argue with lyricists not to use words that have a negative impact." The idea of 'Jai Ho' came from Subhash Ghai when he was working on the music of his last film 'Yuvraaj', the music director said.

"I am very excited and grateful to the good wishes, prayers and love of Indian people and Americans who voted for me," he added. MORE